[wplug] (no subject)

Ed Stuart estuart at sgi.net
Sun Jul 13 23:38:56 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice here.  I want to segway my carrier over to the
management of Linux environments and I am thinking of purchasing 2 Compaq
1850R's (PIII) that have RAID controllers and loading Linux on them to gain
experience.  Eventually, I'd want to experiment with clustering.  Red Hat's
website offered Enterprise 9.0 that runs DNS & DNCP costs $350.  This is
more than I want to spend.  Now, if I purchase a Red Hat Professional Server
7.0 from Cheap Bytes for $17.  Can I download updates and eventually get my
Linux installations up to Red Hat Enterprise 9.0?  What is the best path for
me to take?

Thanx,
Ed Stuart