[wplug] Mail

Sal Mangiapane salm at servanttechnology.com
Sat Jul 12 11:52:28 EDT 2003

Hi Duncan,

I would be glad to contribute.  I think that I understand a little about the 'life of an email' and would have some input there.
I've also reviewed the rfc documents about SMTP for some work I've done.

I always wanted to learn Sendmail (I even an O'Reilly book on the subject) but it is so complicated.  Every time I think about
delving into it I think some other product maybe qmail, or ??? would be a better solution.  I mean you do have to administer the
beast once you turn it on.  I haven't looked at any email servers, but I'm thinking about putting together a server for the internet
too.

Also, I don't know about any of the open source clients.  I still use M$ Outlook.  Another thing I think could be addressed is
converting an Outlook PST file.

Any suggestions of existing training material would be helpful.

This may fall into the wplug training material that was mentioned on the list earlier this year.

sal