[wplug] root password lost? (RH 9)

Robert E. Coutch recoutch at usaor.net
Fri Jul 11 11:17:11 EDT 2003

I'm not sure if this will work but...........

Boot from the RH9 install CD.

Type in:

linux rescue

at the prompt.

Let the system detect your current installation.

Change (cd) to the root directory of your installation, should be
something like
/mnt/sysinstall/

then chroot in that directory.

Now run password to change the root password and reboot.

Did that work?

-Bob