[wplug] root password lost? (RH 9)

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Fri Jul 11 09:36:52 EDT 2003

I'm not sure about RH9, but you can also change run-levels on the command
line for non-root users.  On the command line type "telinit 1" and see if
it works.  You might need to be root in order to do this, but it never
hurts to try.  After running that command, you should be in single-user
mode where you can just type "passwd", or to make sure, type "passwd root"
and change your password.

-Henry

--On Friday, July 11, 2003 9:29 AM -0400 "Jonathan S. Billings"
<billings at negate.org> wrote:r