[wplug] What about FreeBSD?

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Fri Jul 11 00:55:06 EDT 2003

On Friday 20 December 2002 22:52, N. Iglehart wrote:
> That's funny about the power supply blowing up during a FreeBSD
> install. About a year or so ago I was booting up a FreeBSD box and
> staring at the demon in the corner when suddenly a capacitor blew in
> the monitor and smoke started pouring out of the sides. What was
> funny is that the monitor stayed on while I jerked the cover off to
> check for fire and all the while staring at that little demon with
> his goofy grin.

Last year I was setting up a SuSE Linux machine. After the initial boot,
the penguin came out on the upper left hand corner, while the kernel
messages were scrolling on the screen. Suddenly I noticed water
creeping out of the ventilation slots, which instantly solidified to
ice. My entire machine froze, as if someone had put it in a big ice
cube, but the penguin was still there, looking at me with its eerie
smile through the thick wall of ice.

Tux's gaze still wakes me up at nights sometimes.

-A
--
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/pub_key.asc
3DAD 8435 DB52 F17B 640F  D78C 8260 0CC1 0B75 8265