[wplug] ssh - reading password from stdin?

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Thu Jul 10 21:09:08 EDT 2003

Check out Net::Telnet.

# perldoc Net::Telnet

If you don't have it installed,

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::Telnet' will install it.

NAME
       Net::Telnet - interact with TELNET port or other TCP ports

SYNOPSIS
       "use Net::Telnet ();"

       see METHODS section below

DESCRIPTION
       Net::Telnet allows you to make client connections to a TCP port and
do
       network I/O, especially to a port using the TELNET protocol.
Simple
       I/O methods such as print, get, and getline are provided.  More
sophis-
       ticated interactive features are provided because connecting to a
TEL-
       NET port ultimately means communicating with a program designed for
       human interaction.  These interactive features include the ability
       specify a time-out and to wait for patterns to appear in the input
       stream, such as the prompt from a shell.

           use Net::Telnet ();
           $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10,
                                 Prompt => '/bash\$ $/');
           $t->open("sparky");