[wplug] ssh - reading password from stdin?

Timothy Wong timothyw at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 10 01:09:42 EDT 2003

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know if there is a way to force ssh (or telnet) to read the
user's password from STDIN?  I would like to do this so that I can open an
instance of ssh from perl a la "open (SSH, "| ssh myhost.com -l
username")" and then using perl's print to control the ssh session.

Another issue that presents itself is how to read from this instance of
SSH...I can write to it, but I can't specify two pipes in the open
statement...can I?

 Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

-Tim