[wplug] What about FreeBSD?

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Thu Jul 10 17:33:46 EDT 2003

yay! another Mark!

> What about FreeBSD? Is there anyone in the group that works on that? Is that
> an option for an instal? Is FreeBSD really welcomed in a LUG? I don't know
> all the culture norm -- newbie and all.

There are some *BSD users - we're prett flexible.  I started a FreeBSD
on my machine at a WPLUG installfest a year or two ago, but unfortunately
my power supply took that opportunity to blow out (sparks and smoke.  quite
impressive).  I guess the OS was too powerful for the machine :-)

There are some programmers in the group and in the IRC channel.
Plus there may be some resources on IRC available if we don't know
the answer.

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
   "i have many thoughts. some of them involve dragons and midgets, but
    mostly they're about spiderman and how he stole my act"
     -- Talli