[wplug] What about FreeBSD?

Mark Rauterkus Mark at Rauterkus.com
Thu Jul 10 15:03:17 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Can't wait until Saturday's Install Fest. I've got a few WIN 98 PCs ready to
migrate for a few different flavors of Linux -- as (expert) help allows.

What about FreeBSD? Is there anyone in the group that works on that? Is that
an option for an instal? Is FreeBSD really welcomed in a LUG? I don't know
all the culture norm -- newbie and all.

The virtual server I use runs on FreeBSD and I'd love to have a box in the
house that had at OS.

Furthermore, a FreeBSD expert who wanted to tackle a bigger issue is needed
so as to port a Linux application -- eVote -- to FreeBSD. There is some
issue with the range of processes or something that is not the same. The
"clerk" for eVote needs to have these match and some rewrite is needed for
the FreeBSD port of eVote (open source).

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus
mark at Rauterkus.com  http://Rauterkus.com
http://CLOH.Org   http://Sunnyhill.org    http://www.Deliberate.com

Pittsburgh Interfaith Impact Network's first 'Public Action' was Feb 20,
2003 at Wesley Center A.M.E.-Zion Church. Thanks for lending your power to
this effort and its Youth & Recreation Task Force. http://dorm.cloh.org

Instigator: Youth Technology Summit, http://Summit.CLOH.Org