[wplug] Linux is going to DJ my wedding

Teodorski, Chris cteodorski at ppg.com
Mon Jul 7 09:09:32 EDT 2003

I've decided to set up a Linux media box to act as the DJ for my wedding.  I've read several stories of people who have done the DIY DJ with varying degrees of success.   My question for the list is:  What is the best sound card with good Linux support that I can get?  I plan to pipe the music into a PA system, but I want something that will have decent quality, the machine I am going to use has onboard sound and I just don't think it's of the caliber need for this.

Also, the machine I have is an AMD k2 266mhz (if memory serves correctly) with 256 megs of RAM (this is the max it will hold).  I plan on using RedHat because I am most comfortable with it.  What would be the best desktop environment to use?  I think that gnome might be too big of a drain on the system.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Chris