[wplug] MIDI help

Robert Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Jul 7 00:18:44 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a MIDI situation.

For background:
I'm running SuSE 8.2 with kernel 2.4.20 and ALSA sound.
My sound card is a Yamaha YMF-724 PCI sound card.
It uses the ymfpci sound driver.
My current desktop is KDE 3.1.1 with aRts using ALSA.

I can play MIDI files with TiMidity++ but not with any other application.

The KDE MIDI setup tab in Control center under the sound driver settings
is blank.

Rosegarden won't play either but I think I need JACK installed for it to work.

I've only just started looking into this problem but I thought someone on the
list my have some quick tips to follow.

I know now there are several musician types on the list so someone may
have some pointers.

Thanks for any info,

Bob