[wplug] mouse freesing in gmd, kdm, and kde

Kuzman Ganchev kuzman at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sun Jul 6 14:29:45 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 06:34:44PM -0400, John Harrold wrote:
> | 2. The gpm (console mouse) server has created mouse related problems for
> | me in the past, you could try shutting it off and see if it makes a
> | difference.
>
> i tried this and had the same problem with the mouse freesing. i probably
> should have mentioned it thought.

I've has similar problems while gpm was working, and the solution was
to change the protocol to... I think Microsoft, and the device to
/dev/gpmdata.

THis was on a Debian system, but as far as I understand, while the gpm
deamon reads from /dev/psaux other things like the X server can't also
read from it. /dev/gpmdata is a repeater for the device.

Kuzman