[wplug] apache access logs

Eric Fierke lupus at bearwolf.com
Wed Jul 2 10:14:52 EDT 2003

that's not quite as easy to explain, but basically a file handle is how a
running program keeps track of where it is writing data to (or reading
data from).  in programming terms, when you do an OPEN(filename) - that
creates a file handle.  it doesn't pay any attention to future changes
done to that file in the os (like moving or deleting).  CLOSE(filename)
deletes the file handle and closes it out.

That's my understanding of it anyways, someone can feel free to correct
me.

Eric