[wplug] Sharp Zaurus

Sean McCune sean at redhandsoftware.com
Thu Jan 30 17:27:34 EST 2003

I have one, and I like it.  Although the desktop software for linux and
windows and the sync'ing are lightyears behind Palm.  I have no
experience with PocketPC.  I tend not to care too much about the
quality of the desktop software and sync.  I strictly use the zaurus
for entering my data, and only use the PC for backing up the datafiles.
  Although, it is nice to be able to ssh into my PDA and get a shell
prompt.  So all in all, I like it.    I even got the SharpMobile CDPD
modem and service, which is nice when it works, but the connection is
too slow (14.4 kb) to be useful and not worth paying for, and the
signal strength is unreliable,    and the driver for the modem is
buggy.  So I'm going to drop that and attempt to make a net connection
over my cell phone with a compact flash serial card that connects to my
phone.  It will still be the slow 14.4 kbps connection, but at least
its not an extra cost.

I'd love to get the clamshell one, but I'll wait until a linux version
is running in English and is being sold in the US...

McC