[wplug] mod_throttle and bandwidth_module

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Jan 21 01:48:29 EST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, John Harrold wrote:
> <IfModule mod_throttle.c>
>     #ThrottlePolicy none
>     #ThrottlePolicy Speed 5K
>     #SetHandler throttle-me
>
>     <Location /throttle-status>
>     SetHandler throttle-status
>     </Location>
>
>     <Location /throttle-me>
>     SetHandler throttle-me
>     </Location>
>     <Location />
>     AddHandler cgi-script .pl
>     SetHandler throttle-me
>     ThrottlePolicy Speed 7K 1s
>     </Location>
>
> </IfModule>

It's been several months since I looked at this module, but you are using
it incorrectly. The SetHandler throttle-me is only needed to create a
stats page, not to enable throttling. If you use ThrottlePolicy or similar
directives, in a Location or VirtualHost block, that is all you need to
throttle that directory.

When I looked at this, I was having some problems with segfaults. (see the
list archives around September last year)

-james