[wplug] Video Card woes

abe rolick571 at duq.edu
Fri Jan 17 11:24:43 EST 2003

> | A quick way to tell the difference is to bang on the caps lock key; if
> | the machine is truly wedged, the keyboard indicator light won't
> | change.  If it's just your local tty that's hosed, the lights will
> | still respond.
>
> i could be wrong, but i believe i've had time when the capslock key
> wouldn't change and i could still login via ssh.

i could be wrong .. but i think he's more concerned about being able to use his video card .. probably minimal concern with connecting via ssh or anything.

as for the original message, i'm only running off of memory here .. running redhat?  i'm not a big redhat fan, but make sure you're up to date .. latest possible version of XFree86 is always nice, and especially the later version of the kernel.

direct support for your video card .. you might want to read through supported video drivers in the kernel to see if support in the kernel exists.  if not, you'd better be looking on the web for a driver somewhere.  not sure where .. hell, i don't remember what video card you have .. but the best i can do now is say, "good luck" and if you find a driver but are still having trouble, feel free to ask me any questions about getting it working.  :)

coldie