[wplug] Partition Resizing

Michael E Uhl meu102 at attbi.com
Sun Jan 12 01:16:49 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm pretty new to this list, I've been reading for a couple months, but
I just came across a question where I could use some help.

I need to enlarge an existing ext3 partition on my system.  I have the
room on the hard disk, I just need some pointers on the proceedure.
>From what I've read, I need to use fdisk (or other partitioning tool) to
delete the existing partition and create a new partition starting at the
same cylinder but now with the new desired size.  After that I need to
use resize2fs to grow the actual file system to the new size.

Does anybody have experience doing this?  Are there any gotcha's that I
should look out for?

Thanks in advance,

Michael