[wplug] easy RH update?

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Sun Jan 5 22:17:00 EST 2003

If you stick the ISOs in a directory available via NFS or FTP you an install
direct from ISO (so I've been told - never tried it myself).  Alternately,
you can mount the ISOs via loopback and copy out the Red Hat directory to an
NFS / FTP share.

(e.g. -
mount -o loop /mydir/myiso.iso /mnt/cdrom
cp -r /mnt/cdrom/RedHat /my/ftp_nfs_share
)

lather, rinse, repeat for all 3 ISOs

FYI - regarding your issue below - you may simply need one of the driver
disksettes in /images of the first ISO.  But if you can do nfs / ftp
installs it might be faster (depending on your network).
Going forward, these driver disks are going to required more and more as the
amount of available hardware grows.

YMMV
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Green
To: wplug at wplug.org
Sent: 1/4/03 4:08 PM
Subject: [wplug] easy RH update?

Hi-
I'm running RH 7.3 and I would like to update to 8.0. I recently
downloaded the iso files, but ran into a hard time installing my CDRW.
ide-scsi loads, but cdrecord -scanbus only detects my zip drive (hdd).
All I want to do is update to 8.0- is there an easier way to do this
(like installing over the net or something?). As usual- your advice is
much appreciated! Thanks.
Doug