[wplug] OpenGL

Henry Umansky hmust2 at pitt.edu
Fri Feb 28 15:25:27 EST 2003

After reading the email I should probably give more info.  I'm trying to
play Return to Castle Wolfenstein and it gives me the following error:

or current dir: /usr/local/games/wolfenstein-mpdemo/libGL.so: cannot
open shared object
file: No such file or directory
failed
libMesaVoodooGL.so.3.1 from /etc/ld.so.conf or current dir:
/usr/local/games/wolfenstein-mpdemo/libMesaVoodooGL.so.3.1: cannot open
failed
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

It looks like it is looking for the libMesaVoodooGL and libGL and it just can't find it.
On my system libGL.so is located in /usr/X11R6/lib, but I can't seem to find libMesaVoodooGL.so.

However the initial error says it can't find libGL.so but my /etc/ld.so.conf has the directory /usr/X11R6/lib, so I'm not sure why it can't find that file. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Henry