[wplug] Ssh question

Doug Green diego96 at mac.com
Fri Feb 28 03:19:43 EST 2003

On 2/28/03 1:14 AM, "Bob Schmertz" <rschmertz at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Doug Green wrote:
>
>> Hi-
>> I¹m trying to upload a website onto bsdwebhosting.com using ssh. I need to
>> be able to use the login id in the format ³user at website.com². Unfortunately,
>> you cannot do something like: ³scp ­r ./
>> user at website.com@66.28.11.132:path/to/file² because of the two @ symbols.
>> The man pages aren¹t very helpful in this regard- does anyone know I can get
>> around this? The login MUST be ³user at domain.com²... Any ideas? Thanks,
>
> It seems strange that you need this; it also seems strange that your
> website supports scp yet doesn't have instructions for this.  Have you
> tried a double-backslash? (One to escape the @ for scp, one to escape
> the other for the shell)

Yeah, they recommend using an scp client, but I don't have one (and I don't
think I should need one to do this). The problem seems to be that
bsdwebhosting uses "user at website.com" to specify a user account on their
system. I'm having no luck trying various backslashes, etc... Any other
ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Doug