[wplug] Backup Software

Wise, Jeremey WISEJ at PIOS.com
Thu Feb 27 10:32:20 EST 2003

Just for grins I called Veritas and got a quote for Linux manager for two
servers. See attached. A little pricey IMHO though the polish and knowledge
transfer issues may warrant it.

Jeremey Wise (440)-519-6006

(CNE,MCSE,CSE)

Pioneer-Standard Electronics, Inc

wisej at pios.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken McFerron [mailto:kmcferron at adelphia.net]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 10:41 PM
To: wplug at wplug.org
Subject: [wplug] Backup Software

I am looking for a good backup program to use in Linux (RedHat 8.0). I want
one that will do file level backups, also I would like to have one that the
log files are somewhat easy to review. I have 2 tape drives in 2 differnt
RedHat 8.0 computers. One is a HP Dat24 SCSI and the other is a HP Travan
IDE drive.I am use to using Veritas BackupExec for my windows servers and
would like to find something with at least the same capabities as that.

Thanks for your help.