[wplug] Automount and CIFS/SMB mounts

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Fri Feb 21 11:11:28 EST 2003

I cant seem to get my samba server to auto mount actual Windows shares
using automount.

I know to use automount, I need a key entry in auto.master that points
to the map file, auto.fookey that contains the mount parameters.

My problem is that I have found several different examples on how to set
this up and none of them use the same syntax.

This is what I have right now:

#auto.master#
/mount/point /etc/auto.key

#auto.key#
/mount/point  -fstype=smbfs,username=winusr,password=winusrpwd
	//winsvr/share

This currently doesnt work, but I havent found any useful errors in
either the system logs nor the samba logs.

Using smbmount with the same parameters does work.

I am using the latest samba (2.2.7 i believe is the version), RH7.3, and
autofs 3.1.7.

Anyone have any insights?

-b