[wplug] CDROM no long reads Audio CD's

Coutch, Robert Robert.Coutch at tvratings.com
Thu Feb 20 12:52:55 EST 2003

This comes up a lot.

An audio CD is not iso-9660 format.
To mount it you need drivers for CD Audio format.

There are some older ones around but I could never get this working.

CD Players use the raw drive (/dev/hd?) to play audio.

If you need to copy, use some of the CD tools like cdparanoia, cdrecord,
xcdroast, grip ...etc.

Maybe someone at WPLUG can tell where you might find drivers.

-Bob