[wplug] re: windows on linux

Spenglercs at aol.com Spenglercs at aol.com
Wed Feb 19 13:51:15 EST 2003

Let me try this again.
I don't know much about windows. My linux server does not want to go on the
internet. I have a person out of state who wants to connect to my server.
Right now I have serial connections for in-house terminals and a serial modem
set up. The windows user wants to dial in and get a login prompt. Once logged
on, their user profile starts up a cobol interpreter. They will not have
access to the bash.
My question: What do I need to do on the windows machine. What program
exactly do I need them to run. I have putty on my windows pc at work, but it
is a connection on our ethernet.
Thanks for all of your help.
cheryl