[wplug] newbielLooking for a little advice....

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Mon Feb 17 15:00:24 EST 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 11:05 am, Teodorski, Chris wrote:
> Does anyone know if WINE will run Outlook?   And has anyone had any
> experience setting up WINE?

According to the information on winehq.com, Outlook works in certain versions
of wine and not in others.  I'd say it is worth a try.  Installation depends
from distro to distro, but shouldn't be too hard if you are using a "modern"
distribution.  winesetuptk is a nice little GUI app that guides you through
configuring wine.  Some distributions include it as part of the wine package,
and others create a separate package for it.  If you are simply looking for
Outlook functionality, I would take a look at Evolution
(ximian.com/evolution).  There is even a program (Ximian Connector) that
allows Evolution to work with MS Exchange servers, at a cost.

Hope this helps :)

	-Zach