[wplug] Red Hat Academy

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Feb 14 07:35:37 EST 2003

Sheets, James D. wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am investigating the possibility of establishing a Red Hat Academy
> in the Pittsburgh area and need your help.
>
> One of the things I need to know is; how much interest there is for
> Red Hat training,  The academy would be offering both certifications,
> RHCT and RHCE, obtaining the certifications would be optional.
>
> Please reply if you have interest in additional RH training,
> Instructing RH classes, or know of a need for RH classes for an
> individual or business. Thank you, Jim
> James D. Sheets
> jsheets at ccac.edu
> 412.237.2526
> Director of IT/CCAC
> Institute of Corporate and Professional Development

We (Pioneer) have done a local session like this circa 6.2.  We
revisited it between the releases of 7.3 and 8.0, and basically the
costs associated came out about the same as sending people to NC to
train @ Red Hat.  Your experiences might differ because of your .edu
status - I would hope that RH would cut interested higher education
facilities a break...

That being said, having twice gotten my RHCE I'd be interested in attending
the RHCT track.

YMMV
Don