[wplug] Apache (either 1.3.27 or 2.0 ) & Tomcat 4.1.18

Edward Walter ewalter at walterama.com
Fri Feb 14 03:21:10 EST 2003

Here's what I did to get this working... dunno if it's right, but it works ;)

in /etc/tomcat4/jk2.properites: uncomment the following:

handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
channelJni.disabled=0
apr.jniModeSo=/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so
apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

in /etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties:

I removed disable=1 from the [vm:] [worker.jni:onStartup]
[worker.jni:onShutdown] sections

in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

I added
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

Also, I had to manually move the mod_jk.so and jkjni.so files into
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/

Also, the env I'm running on is Redhat 8, Apache 2.0.40 (rpm'ed by
redhat), Tomcat 4.1.18 (rpm'ed by the jakarta folks), and mod_jk2-ap20
(built and modified from the srpms in the tomcat-connectors package from
the jakarta project)  The thing that gave me the most trouble was fixing
the tomcat-connectors spec file to look for httpd packages instead of
apache2 packages.  Hope this helped.

Ed