[wplug] RE:Red Hat Acadamy

Philip Reiche Philip.Reiche at dn.netl.doe.gov
Thu Feb 13 18:06:24 EST 2003

A red hat academy, done right, could be a good thing, for a couple of reasons.
Full disclosure - I know Jim Sheets from a CCAC class I'm taking.
First, the "little-piece-of -paper" to take around to job interviews is not a thing to be ignored these days. It'll separate you from the complete BS artists, and get you past the HR types and into the tech interviews. If you've never tried to distinguish yourself from 600 wanna-be admins you may not see the value in the paper, but it's an fact of life that it gets results.
Second, and of more value, a good class will force you to look at the deadly boring stuff like (insert whatever you don't care about here). It gets you up to speed and exposed to a wider range of topics.

Phil