[wplug] newbielLooking for a little advice....

Teodorski, Chris cteodorski at ppg.com
Wed Feb 12 19:55:19 EST 2003

I am currently really pushing to bring Linux into a more prevelant place at work......I think it could really have a place here......my game plan is to run it on my workstation with a vmware session of Win2k (all of our servers are NT4 or  W2k so I need the management tools and I haven't found a good way to hook into Exchange).....but I'm struggling with what is the best distro for this.....I want to be able to showcase the GUI and it's ease of use (Windows people find GUI less frightening).....as well as the command line......but I really  need NTFS support..........

Does anyone who has been in a similar situation have any suggestions?

I think I prefer RedHat.....but 8.0 is not supported by VmWare......so I think I'm leaning towards Mandrake.....

Chris