get Re: [wplug] Sharp Zaurus 5500

Patryk Laurent patryk at pakl.net
Wed Feb 12 10:24:20 EST 2003

Rick,

I have the Sharp Zaurus 5500 and it's a fantastic machine.  Nice screen,
can play MP3s with the built-in software and can run MPlayer too.  You can
install perl, java, apache, sshd, all sorts of crazy stuff on it.  You can
even run a vnc server on it.

It is a fully-fledged computer.  With the wireless adapter, I can read
slashdot on the little backlit color screen in bed -- heheh.

I should also mention that the company I develop for is a Sharp authorized
seller and can get you a one at a competitive price, or a second hand one
in excellent condition if you're interested.  That's how I got mine.
 (Offer open to anyone interested.)  Contact blewis at snt-inc.com with
inquiries.

Patryk