[wplug] What about spreadsheets?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Feb 10 19:55:25 EST 2003

Sometime in February Benjamin G. Beige assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| OOo has a spreadsheat flavor, but all in all I haven't heard of anyting,
| the same goes for powerpoint, there are other presentation tools, but none
| widely used. the thing about rtf and txt is tht even word users can do
| them.... the otehr commersial version of spreadsheets I've delt w/ was
| lotus123, and m$work/appleworks.

while this isnt for everyone, i use latex to do presentations. there is a
class file called prosper (prosper.sourceforge.net) for doing power point
type stuff. the output is pdf which you can run full screen. the quality of
things like equations and stuff is really nice for you math folks who might
already be using latex.

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh17+maps at pitt.edu   |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E
--Henry David Thoreau

wickets of mass distruction (wmd)
http://www.cricketworldcup.com/