[wplug] Re: MISM mentor program

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Feb 10 08:59:59 EST 2003

Sometime in February Russ Schneider assaulted the keyboard and produced:
| You know, as I read the webpage above, I was struck by the "suggested
| alternatives" it mentioned, namely HTML and PDF.  I would have thought
| the logical alternative would have been Rich Text Format.  From what I
| know, .rtf files open on just about any word processor, and I don't
| believe it proprietary (although I could be wrong, but PDF is owned by
| Adobe, isn't it?).

pdf is an open standard. it was created by adobe-being the nice folks
that they are-they released the standard to the public. that is why we can
have things like ps2pdf-which is a front end to ghostscript.

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh17+maps at pitt.edu   |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E
--Henry David Thoreau

wickets of mass distruction (wmd)
http://www.cricketworldcup.com/