WP Crash was :[wplug] Re: MISM mentor program

Twisted Cranium twistedcranium at excite.com
Mon Feb 10 00:02:39 EST 2003

While I support the effort that you drove home with your reply to this mentor program and their use of the Word format, I wouldn't consider the situation in your 'PPS' as their fault.  To not have two hours worth of work saved doesn't look very impressive for that 'mentoring program application'.

Kudos on supporting the cause though!

TwistedCranium
twistedcranium at excite.com
{ICQ 137138155 & Yahoo/AOL IM: twistdcranium}

 --- On Sun 02/09, Alexandros Papadopoulos < apapadop at cmu.edu > wrote:
PPS: When I tried to open the document you sent to me, my word processor crashed, obviously unable to properly interpret the .doc format. My word processor was handling 4 other documents at the time. Two of them were assignments, and all changes I had not saved were lost. On aggregate, about two hours of my work were lost because the
OpenOffice.org developers were not good enough to overcome the barriers that Microsoft put in place, and render the document properly. I believe they are the last to blame for this failure.