[wplug] IDE RAID controller feedback

Edward Walter ewalter at walterama.com
Fri Feb 7 15:39:29 EST 2003

I'm using a Dell Perc2 (adaptec) controller here.  It has native support
in the current Redhat kernel.  To manage it while it's live, you need to
download some utilities from Dell.  By and large, I've been happy with it.
 The management interface under Linux kind of sucks... another set of
arcane command line only tools to learn.  You can configure it at boot
through the bios using a menu driven system.  I haven't done any serious
performance testing on it, but it's been more than adequate for my needs.
It supports RAID levels 0,1,5,and 10 (mirrored stripes).  If you need
benchmark numbers, I could run something like Bonnie and post the results.

Ed