[wplug] IDE RAID controller feedback

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Feb 7 09:24:54 EST 2003

Jim LaSalle wrote:
> Have IDE hardware RAID controllers come of age? Comments on Linux
> friendly IDE RAID controllers are welcome.

	I've dealt with a few from Promise - I have a FastTrack100TX4 in my
drawer as we speak.

	Beware of what drivers they provide - if you're not willing to run a
distro/kernel that's mainstream and stable you may be in for a rough ride.
Not sure if anyone has a fully open sourced driver.

	As far as performance it's still something of a Holy War - but folks
like promise are boasting Ultra160 speeds or better.

Don