[wplug] buggy threads

jsbillings at mac.com jsbillings at mac.com
Wed Feb 5 14:37:51 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:05, Vanco, Donald wrote:

> > Those are mainly rhetorical, so don't feel you must reply.
> 	So - if I have not filed a bug report my does that mean that my
> opinion doesn't count or I can't tell when something's broken?  Not actively
> participating in the community does not make anyone a better or worse
> citizen of that community, or a better or worse judge of "broken".
>
> Don

Actually, I think you are completely wrong here.  Actively participating
in the community DOES make you a better member of that community, and
not doing so makes you a worse member.  Paricipation might just be that
you gave money to an organization, but it could also include sending in
patches and bug reports.

Also, if you actively participate, then you probably have had more
interaction with others in the community.  By doing so, you'd see other
peoples problems, their concerns, what they like and what they don't.
You'd then come to a better understanding of your own problems, and a
better judge of what is "broken".

--
Jonathan S Billings <jsbillings at mac.com>