[wplug] suse

Coutch, Robert Robert.Coutch at tvratings.com
Wed Feb 5 14:09:01 EST 2003

Just to clear up any confusion......

I didn't say I was switching to SuSE, I'm just waiting to upgrade.
I'm already a SuSE user (Currently version 7.3).

I have RedHat 8 as part of a dual boot with SuSE on my desktop machine,
dual boot with Win2k on my work laptop and (as a test)its on my personal
laptop too.

I run a redhat 7.2 server at work with no complaints.

I have noticed some small problem with RH8 but nothing out of the ordinary.
Every new install needs to be fine tuned.

I generally use WindowMaker for my desktop so I can't speak of buggy KDE.
I've only complied mplayer so I can't speak of compiler bugs either.
The postings I've read give me cause for concern in this area.

Updating RH has become simpler over the last few versions but I'm still
partial to SuSE's
online updating via YaST2.

I can't complain about BlueCurve, it's a nice, clean theme.
I've already grabbed some new themes from themes.freshmeat.net to make KDE
and Gnome apps appeal to my tastes.

One stange thing.... Red Hat pick up the HSF modem on my desktop machine but
did not include any drivers.
This could be due to Conexant/Rockwell not allowing inclusion of their
software.
I found everything I needed at www.linmodems.org

I'm not Red Hat bashing because I'm just NOT qualified to.

With that said, this is the first time I actually admitted to this in
public......
  == I like SuSE better.==

 ==== FLAME ON ===== I can feel the heat coming .

-Bob