[wplug] suse

Coutch, Robert Robert.Coutch at tvratings.com
Wed Feb 5 12:20:51 EST 2003

The reason I pay for a distro can be summed up in one "word".

56K

I haven't spent the $$ on a high speed connection yet.

Have you ever tried to download iso's over a modem?
I took me three days per CD for RedHat 7.2 (and I downloaded 3 CD's).

I've been running over to my Dad's house to use his new Cable modem
connection.
I downloaded RedHat 8 and FreeBSD 4.7-Release - WOW is his connection fast.

Sometime it's nice to have a box with books and they even throw in some
stickers
(SuSE even puts a lapel pin in the box). That's gotta be worth $40 right
there !!!

It works well for me to buy the Personal Editions of Linux and then download
addition
packages I need.

After reading some of the RedHat posts and linked articles,
I'm full of FUD about using RedHat as a desktop OS.

I'm waiting for SuSE to release a kernel 2.6 version, then I'll upgrade.

-Bob