[wplug] linux on a laptop

Bob Schmertz rschmertz at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 3 23:03:50 EST 2003

I assume you're talking about a graphical login here... Do you know if
it's a KDE login (kdm) or a GNOME login (gdm)?  Either way, there should
be a Session menu on the menu bar.  You can select "failsafe" from that
menu; that way you should be able to log in without locking up.  In the
window that should be displayed, type "twm &" to get a no-frills window
manager so that you can do some work until you get this issue worked
out.

On Sun, 2020-02-02 at 08:36, Roc&Jes wrote:
> Ok, we tried what this website said and we were able to install Linux BUT we
> now have a new problem :)
>
> When we go to log into a session, we hear a click in the speakers and then
> it locks up and it stops dead.  Any ideas?  (yes, I know ...tsk tsk..such a
> newbie :)  )
>

> > Try this:
> > http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/~kumarv/compaq.html
> >
> >  From a quick search on Google, it seems lots of people have had similar