[wplug] CMU installfest this Friday 7th Feb

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Mon Feb 3 16:21:25 EST 2003

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:

>and the most newbie-friendly I know of.

I've always felt Mandrake was the most newbie friendly.  It's what I run
on my workstation at home and I love it.
Installed so easily I practically didn't even have to be there. :)

The only thing I didn't like about it was that installed so much garbage
that I didn't want.  Had to erase a bunch of crap after the install.

Runs great now.  Using IceWM instead of KDE really helped
performace-wise too.  Lighter, sleeker.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)