[wplug] CMU installfest this Friday 7th Feb

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 16:07:30 EST 2003

Here's my 2 cents:

I absolutely love RH 8.  I've been using Redhat pretty consistently since
6.1, and although I keep flirting with debian because of apt-get, RH8.0 is
a winner.

The new configuration menus work *very* well.  NFS configuration, display
settings, etc.  For the first time I can change my display settings from
the gui as easily as I can in Windows, which has been a sore spot for
years.

The bluecurve theme is nice, and the menu simplification has worked well.
I know what the other apps are and can easily start them from a terminal.
If you don't already know about all the different word processors
available, you probably don't want to find out by trial and error through
the menu which one works for you.

New users may be disappointed by the lack of builtin mp3 support, but a
simple rpm download fixes that.

6,0?  Dunno.  7.0 was buggy.  8.0 has worked beautifully for me.  What
sort of problems have you had with it?

Bryon