[wplug] CMU installfest this Friday 7th Feb

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Mon Feb 3 15:09:21 EST 2003

Hi wplugers!

The following has been sent to all MISM students of CMU. If you're
interested, feel free to let me know, so that I can personally notify
you of the exact time and place of the event (I've put a reservation
request for Hamburg Hall Auditorium, 17:00).

Please note that I'm not necessarily skilled (or sufficiently
multi-threaded...) to take care of very diverse configurations - most
CMU students have the same laptop as me, and will therefore hit no
snags during installation. Having said that, if we get technical
support from wplug gurus, I'm confident that we'll be fine.

The event as currently planned is a real-time demonstration/installation
of the Red Hat 8.0 distribution, with a laptop being configured while
connected to a projector, and everyone in the room replicating the
steps needed to install. It's completely inflexible, but it's all I can
handle on my own.