[wplug] linux on a laptop

Roc&Jes pebble at pennswoods.net
Sat Feb 1 11:06:54 EST 2003

Hello there.  My name is Jessica.  My husband and I are having a problem installing Linux on our laptop.  It is a Compaq Presario 900Z which came with Windows XP already installed.  We wanted to do a dual boot like our desktop but it seems to get hung up on the PC card.  After we select the language and the country, it goes to install and then we get an error message saying that the Linux cd is not in the cd rom when it is.

Ive already looked at the website "Linux on Laptops" but they did not have our model.  Ive also contacted Chris DiBona of OSDN but they are not sure they can help and suggested finding a LUG here in western PA.

If anyone can help, it is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jessica Cataldi