[wplug] RedHat moves - help please

Ryan Brown wplug at tblive.com
Tue Dec 30 18:56:38 EST 2003

There are providers out there who will provide updates for RH after their
end of life. (http://transition.progeny.com/ and
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Also, I am not familiar with Ensim but Ensim may do updates as well (I run
cPanel on my servers and it does).

Ryan

---
Beginning January 1, 2004, Progeny will offer software updates for Red HatR
LinuxR 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0, with support for version 9 starting May 1, 2004.
This service is based on Progeny's Platform Services technology and will
provide a flexible migration path for Red Hat Linux subscribers. [Subscribe
now!]

Your Progeny Transition Service subscription includes the following
features:

Updates for Red HatR LinuxR 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0 will be available as of
January 1, 2004. Updates for Red HatR LinuxR 9 will be available after May
1, 2004.
The initial minimum subscription length is six months. (After June, 2004,
Progeny will also offer shorter subscription increments.) Contact us if you
need a longer initial subscription.
Support is available for x86 only.
Progeny Transition Service subscribers have access to a software repository
containing security updates. If you use NovellR's XimianR Red Carpet
Enterprise version 2.0 or AduvaR's OnStage or Deployment Manager for Linux,
you will be able to receive updates through those Progeny delivery partners.

Subscribers will be notified of security vulnerabilities and available
patches.
The subscription rate is $5 per machine per month; or a flat rate of $2,500
per month for unlimited machines. (To take advantage of the unlimited access
rate, you must use your own mirrored repository to deploy the updates
internally to your organization's machines.)
Pay for your subscription with a credit card or bank transfer via PayPal. To
pay via your company's purchase order system, you can request a quote.
Quotes for custom platform services are available. Send email to
sales at progeny.com describing your requirements.