[wplug] Redhat moves - help please

Scott Bourns scott at scottbourns.com
Tue Dec 30 16:58:31 EST 2003

Remote RH 7.3 web server updates info., continued...

Thanks for the help on up2date. I had to do the up2date and rhn_register
updates, but now I can see what's in need of attention.

Next questions:

Should I do a kernel update?

Should I let up2date update everything it wants to?

The default config is ignoring kernel and apache upgrades - should I let it
handle those as well?

Thanks again,

Scott

P.S. I know I'm asking noob questions and apologize, but I just started
dabbling in Linux as a workstation about 6-8 months ago. I'm coming along -
updates have scared me from day one. So afraid of breaking things I can't
fix. I guess I need to just get over it and dive in. Best way to learn.

Anyway thanks for the support and info I get from the mailing list. I'm lost
80 percent of the time (okay, 90), but some of it gets through to me. I did
learn to use ssh and gave up telnet, for instance. ;)