[wplug] Redhat moves - help please

Scott Bourns scott at scottbourns.com
Tue Dec 30 14:07:23 EST 2003

Hi!

I need a little advice, please.

I just inherited responsibility over a remote web server running RH 7.3,
with Ensim control panel installed. I'm way over my head, but used to being
here and willing to learn under the gun. I just need somebody to give me
some quick pointers on these things:

1. How do I check that 7.3 is as updated and patched as it can be?

2. Once 7.3 is updated, what should I do about the fact that neither it or 8
or 9 are going to be supported anymore? I just don't see the smart upgrade
move here.

BTW, the server is not in mission-critical use yet, so I have a little time
to learn.

Thanks in advance,

Scott