[wplug] RH Linux CD ROM Installation problems

Michael Shafer ms at its-secured.com
Tue Dec 30 08:50:02 EST 2003

Don V. wrote:
>IMHO - you're SOL - crap BIOS.
I do believe that's correct!

>I'd put the ISOs on a HD and boot from install floppy with "linux
askmethod" and install from the ISOs - it's way faster of an install to
boot...
I was playing with the "linux askmethod" - will give that idea try.

>I suppose you could try various things like re-arranging devices on the
IDE bus,
Did a bit of that with no luck.

>You do not mention if the old BIOS booted CDs
I believe the previous BIOS did but as you mention limits one to 2gb HD
space. In this case the 2gb limit isn't a problem as these boxes are
just for for experimenting with making routers, firewalls and similar
which of course are minimal anyway.

This was mainly an exercise in learning work arounds. Thanks for the
input.

Cheers!

- Mike Shafer