[wplug] Lunch and Erie LUG stuff

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Sun Dec 28 21:44:34 EST 2003

From: "sendai" <sendai at systemsecuritysolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:43:20 -0500

> Sorry folks! Did anything come of it?

Hi! (Sorry, I don't know your name.)

We had a very positive meeting. Tom, Chris, and Bill showed up, and Tony and his wife Pat joined us later. Beth Lynn and I attended, just to help get things rolling.

We started out talking about our experiences with Linux (yea), our experiences with Microsoft (boo), times and places where open meetings for Erie LUG could be held, ways of promoting the LUG with word-of-mouth and posters, mailing lists and LUG affiliation, and the potential of getting a booth at the next computer expo. (Sorry, I didn't get the specifics.) The vibe was very strong, and a couple of solo Linux enthusiasts got the chance to speak to other enthusiasts for the first time. It looks like there will be a meeting sometime before the end of January. But that will be up to the Erie Linux community to organize, and Saturday was a good start.

I'll send you the addresses of the other participants in a private email. That way, you can get to know each other and work out the details.

--- David Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org