[wplug] screen scrolling

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Fri Dec 26 23:43:31 EST 2003

Well, like gnome-terminal, the console should let you use Shift-PageUp and Shift-PageDown to scroll back through the last few pages.

I don't know how to set it up for more/less lines and such, but if somebody can answer this question, I'm all ears!

Another option, this one for paging: pipe your outputs through "less". Like this:
$ ls |less

In fact, newer versions of less (I don't know if Debian would have this) will give you a nice directory listing if you give it a directory name. Try this:
$ less .

You should see your current directory, one page at a time.

--- David Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org