[wplug] Finding I/O for NIC card?

Devin Lee Drew dld at pobox.com
Fri Dec 26 16:41:39 EST 2003

Russ Schneider wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Robert Coutch wrote:
>

>>Is the card actually ISA or is it PCI ?
>

> No, it's an old ISA on an old P200 that doesn't even have PCI slots.
>

>>What distro are you using?
>

> Debian Woody on that machine.

Russ, what you need is the bootable dos utility floppy that goes with
the card. You don't need dos, you just need this floppy, a x86 with a
floppy drive and an open ISA slot to configure the card.

If your time is worth more than chump change / hour though, get yourself
a pci mobo. IRQs are *not* fun to deal with. PnP sucks, but IRQ
conflicts suck more. In my experience, mail lists aren't much help for
IRQ conflicts / setup. An installfest would probably be a better place
to get this beast running. But you'll need that configuration utility.

Devin